Sunday, January 13, 2008

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bickies

.


I was in a hurry the other day, needing to make some cookies. I couldn’t find the recipe I was looking for, so I made these up out of my head. In other words, I invented them on the spot. In the original batch I put in 1 tablespoon of brandy instead of the teaspoon of vanilla. I’m thinking to try them some time with two eggs, and I’m not sure that the baking soda is absolutely necessary.

2 sticks of butter, a bit soft

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla


2 cups flour

1/4 cup extra dark cocoa

1 tsp baking soda

1 big pinch of salt


two big handfuls of pecans, chopped

2 or 3 big handfuls of chocolate chips



Cream the butter and the sugar. 
Add the egg and vanilla and mix until fluffy.

Combine the dry ingredients, and add to the creamed mixture.
Add the nuts and chips and mix well.

I use a scoop to form the cookies. The small one is exactly 1 tablespoon and the large one is 2 tablespoons. I usually like to make the small cookies, beause it makes people feel like they are getting more cookies, or if you want more it's still not too much.

375 degrees
9 minutes, for cookies that are 1 tablespoon
11 minutes for cookies that are 2 tablespoons
makes 8 dozen small cookies or 4 dozen larger cookies

No comments: