Thursday, February 7, 2008

Strawberry Tarte

.

I was going to make a strawberry tarte with lemon curd on the crust, but I didn’t get around to it yet. I will some day. But I did make a strawberry tarte from scratch.

1 pie shell, cooked blind

1 cup hulled fresh strawberries, chopped up or mashed
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornflour
2 tablespoons water

3 cups hulled fresh strawberries, halved or quartered

Have the pie shell ready.
Put in a small saucepan the mashed berries and the sugar.
Heat up. In a small dish combine the conflour and water.
Stir into the hot berries and when it thickens its done.
Add to the 3 cups of cut berries, stir gently to mix.
Spoon into the pie shell. Chill about 2 to 4 hours.
Serve with sweetened whipped cream.

This dessert could also be made with a packet of gelatin instead of the cornflour, but I haven’t gotten to that one yet.

No comments: