Thursday, February 7, 2008

Cocktail Nuts Fudge


One day I decided to teach my grandson Christian how to make fudge.  We started with the basic recipe and looked around for something else to add.  There was a big can of cocktail nuts in the cupboard.  I'm not sure where they came from as it's not the kind of thing I would buy, but they were an excellent addition.  I also added the whiskey, because all good fudge has alcohol in it.

16 oz chocolate chips
1 oz butter
1 tablespoon whiskey (we used Famous Grouse)
1 can condensed milk
8 oz mixed cocktail nuts

jelly roll or cake pan (about 9 1/2 x 13) 



Line the jelly roll pan with parchment paper sticking up like little handles.


Put all but the nuts into a glass dish and microwave for 2 1/2 minutes. Or you can melt it all in a double boiler.  Stir the hot mixture until it is nice and smooth. Add the nuts and stir. Pour into the pan and refrigerate until nice and firm.

Remove, using the sticking up parchment as handles, and place onto a cutting board. I like to cut the fudge into 1 inch squares and place each piece into little cupcake cups that I get by the 500s at the wholesale grocery store. Then put into a square tin, putting waxed paper between the layers.

No comments: