Friday, July 4, 2008

Lemon Sugar Tea Biscuits

I absolutely adore these cookies, which is a very good reason for my not making them very often. Last time I made them I think I used a little less sugar, but I forgot how much little. And maybe I used all organic sugar and no brown sugar. I just about ate the whole batch all by myself. Well not really, but I was excessive.

15 ounces flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 teaspoon salt
zest of 1 small lemon

2 sticks butter, softened
1 3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
juice of 1 lemon
some raisins

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the first 4 ingredients.
Cream the butter, sugars, and eggs.
Add the lemon juice and then the dry ingredients.
Put some sugar in a bowl and drop scoops of the cookie dough in the sugar and roll into balls.
I like to use my littlest scoop because then when I eat one it isn't too big.
Place on the cookie sheet and put a raisin in the center of each cookie ball.
Spritz water on the cookies, or not, as you wish.
Dip a cookie press or a small glass in sugar and press on the top of each cookie.
Bake from 8 to 11 minutes, depending on the size of the scoops.
Cool on a rack.

No comments: