Tuesday, February 5, 2008

French Waffles

.
I don't know where the name for these came from, or where the recipe came from. I suspect I made it all up myself.

6 eggs, separated
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup cream
1 cup eggnog
(this would be the kind you buy in a box at the grocery store. I find myself trying to use it up when other members of the family have purchased it. I'm not to keen about drinking it, but it's not bad for cooking with.)
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) of butter, melted
2 cups flour (9-10 ounces)
1/2 tsp salt

Beat the whites with the sugar until nice peaks form and it's not too stiff. Combine the egg yolks and the liquids and the salt. Sift the flour and stir into the liquids. Fold in the beaten egg whites. Bake in a waffle iron, or if you don't have a waffle iron you can treat this as a pancake recipe and cook on a griddle.

I like to serve this with berry sauce or apple sauce. And of course some members of my family will put syrup on anything.

No comments: