Thursday, June 19, 2008

Blueberry Sour Cream Cake


.
I think I got this recipe from a Gourmet Magazine some time in the 70s.  It's very easy and very very tasty.

1/2 cup of butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg

7 ounces flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla

4 cups of blueberries

2 cups sour cream
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

a 9 or 10 inch springform pan

Preheat the oven 350 degrees.
Butter and flour the springform pan.
Cream the butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 egg.
Mix the flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt, and mix in with the creamed mixture.  Add the vanilla and put into the springform pan.
Spread the blueberries over the dough.
Combine the sour cream, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla and pour over the blueberries.
Bake for about 1 hours, until the edges of the custard are lightly browned.


note: I see that listed in the ingredients with the sour cream is 2 eggs. Then further on it refers to egg yolks. I don't think it's critical what you use here, put note discrepancy. I wish I could find the magazine. I know it was before 1987, but that doesn't help much.

No comments: