Monday, April 28, 2008

cockeyed cheesecake cupcakes

.
So what to do with a whole lot of left-over cheesecake. One idea was to put it into the middle of cupcakes. Well this morning Emily wanted to "cook", that being her exact word. So I got her into her chair up by the table and started making cockeyed cake batter. But I didn't want the whole thing, and I wanted interesting flavorings. So here's what we made.

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa (I used Hershey's special dark)
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 pinch of salt
1 hefty grating of nutmeg

!/3 cup oil
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 cup cold water
1 tablespoon brandy

left-over cheesecake

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Get cupcake papers into the cupcake tin.
I used the regular size pan.
Mix together the dry ingredients.
Add the wet ingredients and stir well.
I used my small scoop and put a scoop into the cupcake paper.
Then I add a small teaspoon dollop of cheese cake to each cup.
And finally I put the same scoops worth right on top of the cheesecake.
Bake for about 15 minutes.

My daughter Corey really like these. I'd give them a C+, but then I still don't like cheesecake.

No comments: